Affirmations are personal statements that help retrain your subconscious mind from limiting beliefs to a positive mindset. They help us create the life we dream about by correcting old patterns of thinking.
By consciously repeating positive affirmations and removing negative beliefs, you immediately raise your vibrational energy and therefore attract more of what you want. Whatever you think about and feel about, you bring about. It’s that simple.
Ready to start? Here are 3 tips for creating and using your own affirmations:
- Create a positive belief statement.
- Write it in the first person and present tense.
- Keep it short and simple.
- Make it meaningful, for you. It should feel right.
- I am a divine energetic being.
- I am perfect, whole, and complete.
- Life is flowing with ease and grace.
- I love my body.
- I am a money magnet.
- I see the best in everyone.
- Deep love is my birthright.
- Use your new affirmations.
- Repeat the phrases often throughout the day.
- Write them out repeatedly so they become resonant.
- Feel the feelings of the affirmations being true now. (Challenging, but important!)
- Smile when you say them. Smiling signals positive psychology to the body.
- Watch for old negative thinking.
- Notice the negative thought.
- Counteract it with a positive affirmation.
In the beginning, or with new affirmations, you need to repeat them very often. It helps to write them out on pieces of paper or stickies and place them on your bathroom mirror, on your computer, in your car – everywhere that you will see them often. You can also record and listen to them as you take a walk. Repeating them also helps to embody the feeling of the affirmation.
Changing old patterns takes commitment and awareness. The rewards, however, are a positive and peaceful mindset, which leads to greater health and attracts more love and abundance.
So, what are you waiting for? Start creating your affirmations right NOW, because, well you’re an amazing human being and should start attracting amazing things into your life!