Anahata, also knows as the fourth or the heart chakra, is a vortex of energy situated at the center of the chest. Anahata rests in the center of the chakra system and is the balancing point of the lower three and the upper three chakras. It is where our higher spiritual selves mix and mingle with our lower animal selves in order to produce a harmony between the two poles. This chakra represents love and self love and, when balanced, we experience unconditional love for others and for ourselves. Your heart chakra is generally fed by practicing gratitude, acceptance and compassion but there are some other less commonly known techniques that will help to cleanse, balance and nourish as well:
- Burn some scented oil or incense: Rose, eucalyptus, pine, and jasmine all nourish the Anahata chakra.
- Munch on some Anahata fueling foods: Add some more leafy greens and vegetables like spinach, kale, dandelion greens, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, and squash into your diet.
- Drink some green juice!
- Sip on herbal teas made with basil, sage, thyme, cilantro, and or parsley.
- Tap into energetics: Wear a rose or green quartz around your neck so that it hovers at the center of the chest. This will help to open and balance the heart center.
- Do some yoga! …and be sure to focus on passive chest openers, shoulder stretches, backbends, and fish pose (or go big and take an Anahata Rejuvinating Class!).
- And last but not least, Practice LOVE ;)
Peace and love,
BrittaPhoto– Model: Brittany Trubridge / Photographer: Igor Liberti