This giveaway is now closed
Riding a bike is a fun, environmentally friendly way of getting around – much more so than a car. Sometimes, though, riding a bike isn’t the most efficient way to get around. Think heading to the market or bringing the kids to a friends house. How are you going to haul your groceries or your kids on your bike? Unless you plan on strapping them to your back (can you picture that?), a car seems to be an easier option. Not anymore.
Madsen Cycles are cargo bikes meant to make biking more economical. With the bucket bike, which comes with a removable bench with seat belts, you can strap your kids in and go for a ride, or pack your groceries from the local farmer’s market in the tub.
Here are some specs on the kg271 bucket bike:
- Frame. OST Hi-ten steel. Step-through frame.
- Derailleur. SRAM X5 8-speed
- Shifter. SRAM X5 trigger shifters
- Disk Brake. Promax 160mm
- Stem. Promax adjustable 1 1/8”
- Colors. Black, Cream, Blue
- Size. Adjustable for a variety of body types including 5′- 6’6” builds.
- Bucket. 40 gallon, LLDPE rigid plastic cargo carrier. Comes with rear removable bench seat and two seatbelts.
- MSRP. $1299
The Madsen Cycle is also available in a rack model, with an MSRP of $1099.
Sound good? Want one? Well, thanks to the generous people at Madsen Cycles, one lucky Focus Organic reader is going to win the bucket model Madsen. You heard right! It will come right to your door, fully assembled. All you have to do is be ready to ride!
- Entrants must live in the U.S. and be 18+.
- Contest will run from today, April 22nd, until 11 PM Central time (Midnight EST) on, Saturday May 9th
- Winner will be chosen randomly, announced, and contacted on Sunday, May 10th
How to Enter
- Leave a separate comment for each entry.
- We really want to know why you want to win the Madsen Cycle. Tell us here how you plan on using the cycle if you win. (Required)
- Subscribe to our feed via email or via feedreader.
- Follow Focus Organic on Twitter. Tweet a message including a link to this giveaway (make sure to include @focusorganic in your Tweet). Include your Twitter username or a link to the Tweet in your comment here.
- Favorite this blog on Technorati. Include your Technorati username in your comment here.
- For an additional two entries, promote this contest on your own site, including a link to this post. Leave two separate comments if you do this. For this giveaway, check more details on this option below.
- So you can leave a total of 6 comments if you complete all forms of entry.
Blogging about the giveaway on your site?
How about receiving another chance at winning a Madsen Cycle while you’re at it? Madsen is having a giveaway of their own, which will result in 2 more winners! All you have to do is include a link to their site in your blog about this giveaway. On July 15th, they will choose one winner randomly, and one winner at random from the top 20 sites that send them the most traffic. For more info (and ways to gain more entries!), check out their contest page.