“There are 110 million households in the U.S., and our research tells us that most of them want to live a greener lifestyle. They just don’t know where to start,” said Doug Donovan, co-founder of Jumpstart to Green.
Jumpstart to Green is a new company that wants to make going green easy for anyone who is just starting out. Jumpstart to Green is all about going green – as a virtual company based in Boston, they have no corporate office, so “no internal memos filling the recycle bin and no commuter workforce.” Their motto is “Save a little. Save a lot. Save the planet,” and they want to help you do just that.
The wonderful people at Jumpstart to Green have offered Focus Organic readers a chance to win their Jumpstart Complete™ kit, an $89.99 value!
Included in the kit up for grabs is:
- 4 best-on-the-market compact fluorescent bulbs (75w equiv)
- 2 zip-top insulated grocery bags
- 1 Klean Kanteen™ water bottle
- 1 toilet tank bank
- 1 shower timer
- 3 Euro Sponge cloths
- 1 junkmail reducer kit: 4 stamped, addressed envelopes and forms
- 1 Guide to Green: 6 laminated pages brilliantly organized for easy use
- 1 Jumpstart Tracker: track your bills, waste and progress
- 5 clever around-the-house reminders
- 1 car static sticker to subtly encourage your friends to jumpstart their green living
- 1 Smart Strip™ powerstrip
- 1 refrigerator thermometer
- 1 hot water temperature card
According to the company, customers who purchase this kit save an average of $90 a month by using the products and the tips provided. For more descriptions on the products included in the kit, and for the benefits of the products, visit the descriptions page.
So you want to start your trip to becoming more green, or you want to help a loved one start? Here’s your shot to win this great kit.
- Entrants must live in the U.S. or Canada.
- Contest will run from today, November 20th, until 11 PM Central time (Midnight EST) on Saturday, December 6th
- Winner will be chosen, announced, and contacted on Sunday, December 7th
How to Enter
- You can enter a total of 4 times.
- Comment on this post telling me which product in the kit you think would be most useful for you/your family and why. Only one comment per person will count as an entry. (Required)
- For an additional entry, subscribe to our feed via email (make sure to comment here that you did). If you are already subscribed and comment here for an entry, I will count your email subscription as another entry. Make sure you comment here using the email address you subscribe to the feed with.
- For an additional two entries, promote this contest on your own site, including a link to this post (make sure to comment here that you did).
Good luck to everyone, and I hope to see a lot of entries!