If kale is the new beef then consider this delicious raw kale salad the equivalent of a fine steak tartare. It’s easy and unbelievably nutritious, give it a try.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 green onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- 5 or so cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 clove of garlic minced
- Liquid aminos/tamari/soy (or whatever seasoning you fancy) to taste
- 2 tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- As much fresh chili as you can handle
- Shred the kale into thin strips and combine with the garlic and half the lemon juice and liquid seasoning.
- Finely chop the green onion and chili then add to the kale.
- Ideally let the kale mixture marinate for at least 3 hours to tenderize.
- Combine the avocado and the rest of the lemon juice and liquid seasoning in a blender and blend until creamy.
- Mix the kale, avocado dressing and tomatoes together in a serving bowl then sprinkle with the hemp seeds.
- Get it in your belly.
I would say this is enough to serve one but maybe I’m greedy.
Try it out and give us your verdict. If you have any other kale recipes please do share.