One week until Mother’s Day, time is running out to get your gift sorted. If you are stumped for ideas, why not make your Mom some raw chocolate treats? They are delicious, uber-healthy, wrinkle-busting and have the homemade touch that will melt her heart. The thought of making chocolate from scratch may be daunting but don’t fear it is actually unbelievably easy. However if you feel your kitchen skills won’t cut it, we have some awesome alternative gift ideas.
- 1 cup melted raw cacao butter
- 1/3 cups raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp sweeter (coconut sugar, raw honey, agave syrup)
- Break up the cacao butter and place in a bowl.
- Put the bowl inside a bigger bowl filled with hot water and let the cacao butter melt.
- Add the cacao powder and sweetener.
- Pour the melted chocolatey goodness into chocolate molds.
- Either stick to the basic chocolate or release your creative flair to make different flavours. Here are some ideas; throw in coconut flakes, chopped nuts, goji berries (soak in maple syrup to enhance sweetness), dried fruit or a dollop of nut butter.
- Allow to harden in the refrigerator.
- Pop them out and package them beautifully.
- Try not to eat them before Mother’s Day.
Let us know what fabulous creations you come up with we would love to get some more ideas for different flavours.